We’re currently looking for a Financial Controller to join our dedicated team and support the financial health of our businesses.
- Salary – £35,000 – £45,000 DOE
- Great benefits package
This is an incredible opportunity for a finance professional to enhance their career with a forward thinking company operating in the rewarding first aid sector. With an unwavering commitment to ethical business practices, we have developed a strong set of inclusive values and a culture that encourages respect and acknowledgement of each and every individual.
You’ll be joining a family-focused company with a customer-centric attitude, where you will be given the freedom to roll up your sleeves and take ownership of financial processes. It’s a great chance to play a key role in the Qualsafe leadership team whilst maintaining your skills and developing a whole host of new ones.
As the Financial Controller, you’ll be working for the Qualsafe Group, overseeing the finances of three businesses with an incorporated turnover of £6million and 85 employees.
Reporting to the Group CEO, you will have overall financial control of the group and will be accountable to the Board of Directors. You will directly manage a small team of Administrators in the running of the Group finances.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Managing all aspects of the Finance Department.
- Completing month-end and year-end processes, payroll, pensions, sales and purchase ledger, credit control, reconciliation, VAT, cash flow, management information, budgeting and forecasting.
- Developing strong, proactive operational partnerships with stakeholders.
- Driving continuous improvement within the Finance Team.
- Constantly delivering financial benefits to the Group
To be considered as our Financial Controller, you will need:
- To be a part or fully qualified accountant (with an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification) OR a proven track record of suitable experience and continuous professional development.
- Previous experience as a financial controller or in a comparable position in an SME environment.
- Previous experience and/or exposure to payroll procedures and processes.
Ideal candidates will be a part or fully qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP), but this is not essential. Experience with Sage50 Payroll and Sage Accounts would be beneficial to your application.
In return, you will get a generous 25 days holiday (rising with length of service); Auto-enrolment into our stakeholder pension scheme and following your initial probation period, amongst other things you will have access to a flexible private Healthcare plan for you and your family and employee rewards via Perkbox.
To apply, click on the link below, complete a quick and simple online application form and upload your CV and covering letter.